Routing (NAT) in Mac OS X Servern 10.2?

stephan

I have only one IP-adress and want to connect all my macs to internet through a PowerMac G4 running Mac OS X Server 10.2.
The server, the dsl-modem and all the clients are connected to a switch. I have assigned 2 IPs to the built-in ethernet on the server. 217.x.x.x and 192.168.0.1. The server can access internet, the clients can connect to the server, but the clients can't access Internet. The DHCP on the server is working and the clients gets their IP from the server.

I'd guess it's NAT-routing that have to be used to give internet access to the clients.

How do I enable NAT-routing in OS X Server 10.2?

Found an app called IPNetShareX. Does exactly want I want. It uses the built-in natd (and ipfw) in OS X. But why hasn't Apple made a graphic interface for natd? Or is it just that I haven't found it yet?

Hey,
Im running 10.2 (Not server) and this is how i share my internet connection with 2 other pee-cees.
- My Cable cable modem is plugged in to a hub, and so are all my machines.
- On the G4 turn on Internet Sharing in the sharing control panel.
- Manually configure all machines except G4 to use 192.168.2.x (note the 2 in the 3rd octet)
-Tada done.
Technically i can use DHCP with all my pee-cee's but that may cause them to try to get an IP from cable service if G4 is down.

Brickhouse does the same as IPNetShareX, doesn't it?

IPNetShareX works great. But I think Apple should have built a GUI for natd.

Maybe in server u have to create the additional network port manually and assign it 192.168.2.1 and then assign the rest the 192.168.2.x

I am using the same solution...The built-in Internet connection sharing, and the only thing I don't like about it is that you can not forward ports to a different IP and port. Maybe there is and I dont know it, but it would be handy to be able to do this.

Back