Roxio Toast Titanium 5.1

Do they have a full installer for Toast 5.1 for OSX? I don't have 9 installed so the updater doesn't do me much good. :(

what do you mean scott? the installer for toast contains both osx and 9 versions and will download the correct one based upon environment in which it is launched. i installed both just for good measure.
as long as you already own a copy of toast titanium you should have no problem.

I'm having a problem where right after clicking "burn", the program runs it's quick verification and then quits with an error every time. I'm running it on the G4/800DP with the internal Superdrive. I have contacted Roxio Tech Support and they are aware of many issues with this release, but don't have a fix yet.
Another frequent problem people are having is the program constantly asking you for your registration code each time it's launched.

I envy the people who it's working for. I bought the application back in April with the understanding that Roxio would have an OS X version out by the summer... Even the Preview Releases worked (albeit unstabley) on this machine. Oh well, at least I can use Disc Burner...

i bought toast for 2 reasons 1st - background burning. at the time this was worth the cost of the program all by itself. 2nd - at the time disc burner didn't support external drives. it only worked on apple's own internals and a few others maybe.
i was pleased when toast started supporting apple drives and apple started supporting external but i would guess they still work best the original way sometimes.
strange - toast update hasn't asked me for my registration info once and i have had it open several times. wonder what causes that?

i do have a question though about TT and DB - are toast and disc burner still incompatible in osx like they are in 9 - where you can only run one or the other? i haven't seen any warnings with the osx versions but haven't thought to check it out. screwing up toast can be a nitemare so i haven't chanced anything with it in osx since i like it so much.

The just released updater for 5.1 seems to fix my issues with the application crashing right after initial verification before it burns. Looks like I finally have Toast back!

Toast 5.1.1 has been posted. It is supposed to fix the serial number glitch. Don't know about the other issues.

I haven't downloaded yet. Just found it today and haven't taken the time on a modem line.:)

David Johnson

Back