roxio toast titanium.

boi

official breaker of macs.
i just purchased roxio toast titanium 5, and it seems to only run in 9. i downloaded the 5.1.3 update, but it won't install due to an error ('error creating file 1008:5,-5000 Access Denied Error'). OS 9 and toast titanium are on a different partition...
is there a way i can get toast to work in X?
thanks.

[ boi ]

it needs to be in your applications folder on your osx drive/partition when intalling in osx. the osx version should not touch the os 9 version so that you can have both to use when you need them. so just move or copy it over there

it says i don't have enough access privileges to install it... i'm signed in as admin. i've also been having some other troubles with privileges.. i don't know what's up.
if anyone can help, i'd appreciate it!

[ boi ]

Are you signed in as an administrator or as root.

I had a similar problem with not having enough privileges to install this software when logged in as root or "System Administrator"

Try logging out then logging back in as a regular administrator. This did the trick for me.

I used to run my machine under root but have decided against it as it is apparntly bit of a security risk.

i'm logged in as the only account that i made when i installed os x...
it says 'admin' when i look under users.

did you just move the app to the root level of the HD or did you put it in a folder called applications? you shouldn't get priviledges problems with it in applications unless you are using the one bad update build they had. you can either log in as root to do this or you might try getting your update from a different source.

for how to log in as root, do a site search for 'enable root'. there are plenty of threads with instructions on how to do this.

(or you can just chalk this up as one more mac you've broken:p )

(sorry, couldn't resist;) )

well i AM doing this because i had to reformat AGAIN. hehe. i managed to make OS X boot, but then not do anything after it boot. like, no desktop or dock would show up.
anyway, i'll keep trying.

okay, come to find out, it was actually installing and giving an error just for kicks. everything works great. hooray!

had the same problem.
i solved it with batchmod an changing the rights!

(soo owner:root: r-w-x group: unknown(!) r-w-x everyone: r-x)
now you can install an channge the rights later!

Back