Roxio Toast

Shibby

Homer
Does anyone have any information on when the final version of Toast will be released for os X. This is the only thing keeping me from going strictly X.

Toast PR2 expires on Feb. 1, 2002. So either Roxio will issue an updated version before then (MWSF?), or they will have some very upset users on their hands...

I sure do hope they get it finished soon. My experience with Toast 5.1PR2 is shaky at best. Even with the built in superdrive on my dual800, if I do ANYTHING else with my Mac while I'm burning a CD, I'll get a buffer underrun error and the disc will be wasted. It seems to work fine if I don't do anything else while the CD burns - but come on, this is OS X. If I wanted to be stuck doing nothing while I burn a CD, I'd go back to OS 8.6 and Toast 4.

Could that possibly be a dual-processor bug? On my lowly 350MHz slot-loading iMac, I can happily do 4 or 5 other tasks while burning a CD with Toast.
:p

when Toast Titanium came out that the OS X upgrade would be a free one. I for one bought Toast specifically for use with OS X. At the time, Roxio was projecting a April-May 2001 release for the OS X version. Well, we know now that turned in to July for PR1, and later September for PR2, neither of which could handle a SCSI CD burner. (without modification anyway).

I'm happily burning discs in Toast 5.1 PR2 on my TiBook 500 with a Yamaha 16x Firewire burner. And I'm sure they'll have the final version finished soon, because the PR2 does quite fine.

But what about Palm? :) They claimed their OS X version of Palm Desktop would be finished by the end of this year (2001). Well, we ARE at the end of this year. And looking at http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications tells us that it's 'available', which of course, it is NOT.

Gosh, I'm so hoping it'll be a fine product.

Back