Roxio

gm_britt

Registered
Running a G3 powerbook...a partioned drive with os 9.2.1 and os 10.1.2. I installed roxio 5.02 on both partions and then upgraded to 5.1. Works fine in both environments..however when I use prog in os x it asks me to register it each and very time. Went into library-preferences and deleted reference to registration and reregistered with same results..anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this? Many thanks.

that is fine scope, if you want to bother with filling out roxio's forms. much faster and easier to use one of the other two.:cool:

scopes right actually, because its a direct link to the file you wont need a login/pass, but you cant list the directory.
this is also a good idea for regular updates you might want, i have them setup for betas i get and drivers, always good to see if the download location is ftp when you chug through all those forms, you can often cut through all that with the ftp, ie extensis, aladdinsys, epson etc.

i stand corrected. i wasn't paying enough attention to the fact it was an ftp address. (still on my 1st cup of coffee:p )

i think the general consensus seems to be that the new update is out and we can get it lots of ways without having to deal with roxio forms.

now let's just hope gm_britt remembers posting this here and comes back to take advantage of all this help:D

btw - welcome to the site gm_britt. may your post count and your knowledge rise as you hand out at press3.:)

There's a faster way to resolve the problem described here.

Just delete a file named "Rox.dat", which is in the "Contents" -> "MacOS" folder within the app's package content.

It works for me.

Back