Safari 3.0.2 beta released

bobw

The Late: SuperMacMod
Apple has released Safari 3.0.2 beta for Mac OS X, which provides the following bug fixes/enhancements:

Includes the latest security updates for Safari.
Safari might unexpectedly quit when parental control features are enabled for an account (fixed).
Safari might unexpectedly quit when sending a news headline as an email from Google Reader (fixed).
There may be missing quoted text when replying to an email message containing HTML (fixed).
Spaces might not appear when when typed at the beginning of a line, when replying to an email message containing HTML (fixed).
Improves stability of Mail (fixed).
An issue in which incoming iChat messages could be delayed (fixed).
Improves compatibility with Dashboard widgets that make use of plug-ins.
Improves compatibility with Dashboard widgets that have a search field.
Addresses an issue in which BBEdit might unexpectedly quit while dragging text outside of an HTML preview window.

The new release is available as a 14MB download from http://www.apple.com/safari/download/.

It's also in Software Update. Plus the Windows version is updated to 3.0.2 as well.

3.0.2 fixes a problem with Vienna where Vienna would crash opening some websites in a browser window. So it's the related update to webkit which actually fixes the problem.

Urgh, still some awful bugs though i like it in general. When you open a window or tab when none are open already focus does not go to the address bar like it does with all subsequent tabs and windows.

When you open a window or tab when none are open already focus does not go to the address bar

This doesn't happen to me. Focus is in the URL bar in any window or tab opened.

Tested again, i only get this on the first window opened (after app launch)

Hi bob by the way, haven't been around so much recently.

Well... You don't really have to test the security issues. ;) If you're weary about that, I'd suspend Leo-testing 'til the next build, which'll probably have a newer version of Safari.

I'm using safari on the pc right now (use them at work). Not too shabby! It's apple's way of collecting google ad revenue, however. :)

Back