Safari 3.0.3 Shutdown/restart question

patrickl

Registered
I like everything about the Safari 3 beta except the fact that when I want to shutdown or restart the computer with Safari open, a dialogue box pops up asking me if I'm sure I want to quit Safari, threatening to cancel my previous command.

It's really irritating, making a two stage shutdown/restart command into three stages.

I've searched through Safari's preferences and can't find anything to disable this. Any ideas?

It's just behaving similarly to any other application with "unsaved documents". I guess they're still tweaking that, though. But if, say, you have Word open with unsaved changes, that'll stop your restart-command as well, asking you to save or close unsaved documents. Similarly, Safari wants to know whether you have webpages open that require your attention. What with web-apps and all, or forms you might have filled without submitting just yet.

I agree, though, they should change that. At least they should make it so that only webpages with actual changes (i.e. some kind of changed form-field) would give that reaction. Currently, I don't know of any way around it. It's beta. It has quirks. If it bothers you too much, it comes with an uninstaller that restores Safari 2.x.

Back