Safari 3.1.1 crashes immediately upon startup

myshlev

Registered
Hi,
I recently upgraded to Tiger and started using Safari 3.1.1. It was working great for a few weeks until I installed a 3rd party add-on. Safari now crashes upon startup within about 7 seconds. I removed all files that this add-on had installed and I tried re-installing Safari 3 and even tried to install Safari 2 to see if that would work, but no go. If I click on anything it will start beachballng until it crashes. I was wondering if someone could give me a list of all the files that have anything to do directly with Safari so that I can delete them all and reinstall. Also, if there is anyone who would be willing to look at a crash report for me to try to figure out what is wrong I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
myshlev

First off we need to know what you installed.

The crash report may be useful but let’s try the easy stuff first.

The add-on which I installed was DownloadComment v1.2.1 by Ecamm. The author of the program tried to help me figure out what was wrong, but to no avail.

hmm... Pacifist doesn't want to open the package.

How did you uninstall it? The readme says to run the installer again but choose uninstall.

I believe I manually deleted the files that were installed in, I think, /Library/Input Managers. When Safari still crashed I followed the Readme and ran the installer choosing Uninstall.

Back