Safari and Google

Orbit

MacMan
How do u make it so when i type something into google it doesent bring up a list of things i have searched for with the starting letter? or is there a way to clear it? ;)

I know about putting it in quotation marks but i just want it so when i start typing it dosent come up with a list of things that ive searched for with the starting letter

Originally posted by TommyWillB
That's a browser function... not anything specific to Google.

What browser are you using?
Obviously you didn't read the subject ;) "Safari and Google"

The real question is: what version of Safari are you using? I'm using the 1.0 final release and it doesn't do that pop-up list thing for me. I went into the view menu and selected to show the Google search bar because I had it off. Typed in a few search queries. Closed the window and opened a new window, tried typing in the same search words and no pop-up. Did the same procedure again but going to the www.google.com site and using that search field. Still no pop-up.:confused:

On the left side of the text-box where you enter the keywords you want to search for in google, there is an image of a magnifying glass. When you click that image, a menu pops up. At the bottom of the menu, it says "Clear Entries". Try that.

If the above didn't do what you wanted...

While Safari is active, go to the menu bar and click on "Safari". Select "Preferences". Click "Autofill". There is probably a checkmark next to "Other Forms". To the right of that text there should be a button that says "Edit". Click. Look for ".google.com". Highlight. Click "Remove". Click "Done". And you are... :)

Hey thanks dusky your second idea worked perfect, I tried clicking the magnifying glass but it only clears entries in the google search bar.

Thanks for the help everyone

Back