Safari browser help (lost the application)

StofferX

Registered
Hi there!

I bought a MacBook for my upcoming last year in High School - and I never tried it before. When I personilized my mac with applications etc, I deleted safari and installed FireFox instead.

To my great displeasure, FireFox is not as good in OSX as it is in Windows. I want Safari back after trying it at a friends place :)

Now, how do I do that?

I browsed the internet, but no one hosts it because its apparantly not freeware.

I got the original DVD's from the purchase, but they only feature additional software which wasen't preinstalled.

So, again: How do I reobtain Safari for my mac without reinstalling the whole OS?

Thanks,
StofferX

What you will have to do is take that install disk that came with your macbook, and take and open up the installer folder and in there you will find a Safari installer there just click on it and walk thought that. Hope you have fun and don't take apps that Apple preinstall on your Mac off. If you do that to many the next OS update will more then likely not install right.

I really hope I will get the OS update right when it becomes available.

I inserted the install disc again. It contains 1 text document, 2 pdf documents, a folder called "Xcode Tools", a package called "Install bundled software only" and a package called "Install Mac OSX and bundled software".

Now, I launched the "Install bundled software only" and pressed customize installation to check what appliactions it installed. ALL applications that came with my purchase are on the list besides Safari.

Though I would really not prefer it, I can of course, reinstall the entire OS. I have nothing to backup - it just takes ages to install all my applications again.

Should your suggested solution for me be, to reinstall the whole OS - I want to ask this:

1) I currently run BootCamp, will this trouble me when reinstalling?
2) Since I run Bootcamp with Windows XP SP2 on it formatted with FAT32, will I be able to copy my applications over there and back when I reinstalled OSX?
3) When I reinstalled OSX, OSX wont know that I have Bootcamp - so how does that work? Or will it know?

Thanks for the quick answer!

Yours,
StofferX

Hi,

I have a small problem that when i install my hp printer (AIO) unit then i was not able to browse the internet , it is connecting but no able to goto webpages. Can anyone give me the steps to fix this issue ???? My mac os version is 10.4.6

Hi,

I deleted Safari by mistake and now I want to recover. How do I do that? I am on an operating system of MAC OS 10.4.8. Do I need to re-install Tiger again?

Terri

Back