Safari Can't Connect Online ...

vja4Him

Registered
Safari will no longer go online ... Just happened this morning. I tried rebooting the router many times. Also rebooted the Modem. Restarted my MacPro many times .... Trashed Safari and reinstalled fresh copy from Apple.

Safari still will not go online at all. Continue to get this error message:

"Safari can't connect to the server."

Safari can't open the page "http://www.google.com/" because Safari can't connect to the server "www.google.com".

check to see if you can send and receive mail using your mail app.
This will at least tell you if it is Safari's problem or maybe your ISP.

A few days ago Safari would no longer go online, so I deleted the com.apple.Safari.plist file, then relaunched Safari and it worked!

This morning, I launched Safari, and it would not go online. I opened up Firefox with no problem, which is where I'm posting this message from.

I've tried trashing the com.apple.Safari.plist several times this morning, then relaunching Safari, but it will still not go online.

Any other ideas of how to solve this issue ... ???

Hey-try open safari then go up to lh corner of desktop-key on safari and in drop down menu double click on reset safari---this may do the trick for you
DICKSTER-----

Hey-try open safari then go up to lh corner of desktop-key on safari and in drop down menu double click on reset safari---this may do the trick for you
DICKSTER-----

Hey ... !!! Thanks ... !!! I reset Safari and that seems to have solved the problem. All my Bookmarks are still there too (I thought I would lose them all).

Back