Safari Debug Menu...

Fragger

Lorem Ipsum
Hey all, I have an interesting remnant from a previous safari it would seem... what I'm talking about is the debug menu... now with some interesting options... namely "Use Transparent Window" which removes the drop shadow and makes the window transparent for an instant when pages are loading, also ATSU for text, which gives hope for good opentype compatibility...

Wanted to know if anyone else has messed with these things, perhaps some default write-ing in terminal is necessary.

Later,
graham

the debug menu is always there, it's just disabled (not shown) by default. Cocktail or Onyx or other OSX "tweakers" can disable and/or enable it easily.

of note: the "Transparent window" option is mainly for developing widgets for Dashboard in 10.4.

Like he said: For testing widgets you're developing. Not only ADC members are developing widgets for Dashboard, and even if they themselves don't want to install Tiger just yet, they still can use Safari 1.3 to better test the widgets...

i think you'll find Safari 1.3 and 2.0 are much closer than apple would have you think.

look in Safari.app/Contents/Resources/

RSSProxyImage.tif
ShowRSSButton_Pressed.tif
ShowRSSButton.tif
HideRSSButton_Pressed.tif
RSSPreferences.nib
HideRSSButton.tif
RSSPreferences.tiff

look in iTunes.app/Contens/Resources/
iTunes-wma.icns

Back