Safari History

Viro

Registered
After running Onyx, Safari starts to have a history of only 2 days(!!). Is there any way to increase this to something like two weeks?

Thanks.

Yeah, I had this problem. I also found that Safari lost its history whenever I quit it. Trashing the safari .plist seems to have helped. This was only 2 or three days ago, so don't know if it will keep history any longer yet but it doesn't lose it anymore when I quit the app.

I deleted the History, then locked the History.plist sonothing would be saved other than the current day. Was a hint on maosxhints.com to speed Safari up a little.

But I want the history. I want it to have more than one day. Is there a way of getting Safari to have a history of say 2 weeks?

Not that I've seen. It shopuld save about a weeks worth. Firefox can be set to any number of days.

bobw said:
I deleted the History, then locked the History.plist sonothing would be saved other than the current day. Was a hint on maosxhints.com to speed Safari up a little.

....and did it?

My history only displays Friday now (!!) which is just yesterday. I'm now trying out Camino and I'm liking it a lot.

After having the problem of Safari not saving history when qutting it, over a week ago, trashing the .plist seems to have worked. I now have the last 9 days history. When I next run Onyx I'll see if it affects anything.

Back