Safari: How can I have a drop down listing of my history without typing?

timswim78

Regular Guy
In Firefox and Internet Explorer, a user can click an arrow at the right end of the address bar, and it allows the user to a view a drop down listing of recently typed in URL's. In Safari, this drop down listing is only enabled once a user begins typing an address. Is there a way to view a drop down of recently typed URL's in Safari without typing an address?

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 7
  • safari.jpg
    safari.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7
Yes, that works to show the URL's that I typed in this session. Is there a way that I can do it to view the URL's that I typed in previous browser sessions?

Look in your History Menu. Safari remembers about a week's worth of webpages you have opened.

The problem remains that Safari's autocompletion of URLs is ridiculous. If I type in "www.", I get "www.apple.com/quicktime/pro", instead of just "www.apple.com" which I've also visited today.

Very, very rarely do people want to go to the most heavily nested document of a webpage from the Address Bar (and those that do should be the ones inconvenienced)– it should always cut the URL at the first "/", and if the person THEN types a "/", it can list all the subdirectories it remembers, and so on.

If a specific file was that important, we'd use Google, or our real History.

Back