Safari java playing up

Madelin

Registered
I want to play poker on hxxp://www.partypoker.com/anywhere/ I click on 'play now' but it never connects, im stuck on 'retrying the connection' all the time.

Whats really annoying is how it works on Windows IE. I believe this is due to a java problem with Safari as many java applets wont work on it. Im using the latest version of Safari, which according to their FAQs should, but it doesnt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS tryed on Firefox 2.0 and still doesnt work

I am using Safari 2.0.4, running Mac OS 10.4.9, Java 5 and it works for me, so you might want to make sure that you have the updated Java.

Im running the exact same as you. On my Java Preferences i have J2SE 1.4.2 and also J2SE 5.0. So i dont know what the problem is.

Tell me, can you see the map on hxxp://maps.fon.com/

Becuase if you can there must be a problem with my Safari.

Yes it is working fine, you can try dumping the ~Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist and see if that helps try to reinstall Safari.

Nope didnt help.

Java Runtime Vendor:Apple Computer, Inc.
Java Runtime Version:1.5.0_07

Thats what a tester website said. It said i need to update to Version 5.0 but i already am?!

Even if i do download the update i can install as the installer wont let me saying the volume already contains a newer version of java 1.5

To be honest i dont think java has ever worked very well in safari, i boutgh my imac in september 06. Looking at my installed updates in my system preferences i installed Java release 5.0 in feburary.

What i think is happening is that i have java installed by Safari isnt picking it up or something. I really need help with this its really frustrating.

Ok, in your utilities folder you have a folder called "java", you can go into that folder and check the J2SE 5.0 folder there are some preferences in there called java preferences that can be set......make sure that the J2SE 5.0 is first and being used.

Have you tried using Firefox instead?? I am at a loss at the moment, but I would be curious to see if it works with that browser.

No i tryed earlier using firefox, still doesnt work. Im with you on this, theres no reason as to why it shouldnt work.
Its never worked as far as i can remember.

is there any browser which uses its own java thing so i can see if its OSX's java thats broken.

Just tryed with Opera, i can now see the map on maps.fon.com but still cant play my poker!!!

Im beginning to think flash isnt working now too. Please go to www.miniclip.com and open the game called 'On the run' and see if you can run it. I have the most recent flash updates installed.

Do i need to reinstall safari?

Back