Safari my default browser already: and you?

Chimera. Chimera Chimera Chimera.

I know you can hack them away, but I HATE BRUSHED METAL APPS.

*I'm very dissapointed with Apple right now*

I don't have any problems with Flash... could someone please point me to a URL of a Flash site that's slow?

I've checked about 6 so far, still no speed decreases to be found as of yet.

yeah...like chack out a flash movie and watch how slow it plays. ACtually ive had some trouble with java too.

Originally posted by MacLuv
Chimera. Chimera Chimera Chimera.

I know you can hack them away, but I HATE BRUSHED METAL APPS.

*I'm very dissapointed with Apple right now*

Really?
You hate Brushed Metal that bad?
Then you'd hate my entire desktop! I used Duality to set EVERYTHING to Brushed Metal - to me it just feels more professional that way. :)
Hmmm... sounds like it's time to take another screen shot! :D

I used to hate the brrushed metal thing, but ive grown used to it. If anything I'm growing not to like the aqua interface. Its cool, but when you are working in apps like photoshop and illustrator, all the white and the lines kinda distract the eye from what i am working on. I wish I could do something abou that, like settin those apps to a brushed metal interface.

It needs some improvements, certainly not perfect. However, I have it as my default, partly because I want to help Apple, and partly because I like the interface/built in Google search.

On my Dual 1Ghz Chimera is still a bit faster. Although on the family 800mhz iMac they seem to be equal. Not sure why.

Also Safari seems to be lacking when it comes to foreign language. My wife is Thai and that was one of the first things I checked. On the Thai websites the words from different sections of a table run together instead of wrapping around as they should.

Any thoughts on this?

lol. One of the first things I checked was to see how Greek rendered in Safari.... because in Chimera, the Greek characters were S O F A R A P A R T. In Safari, Greek displays fine, though.

Originally posted by Roadie
looking it a screenshot of brushed metal windows inside a brushed metal window is quite trippy.

So how do you get it like that?

http://www.resexcellence.com/themes/
The main Theme switchers are listed under "Install Utilities", I used Duality.

The themes are on the main page - make sure you are using the correct themes for your version OS. I had a problem with the Brushed Metal and frankly - I have no idea how I got it to work since I kept getting errors.

Read everything before downloading/installing!

Originally posted by Sogni
http://www.resexcellence.com/themes/
The main Theme switchers are listed under "Install Utilities", I used Duality.

The themes are on the main page - make sure you are using the correct themes for your version OS. I had a problem with the Brushed Metal and frankly - I have no idea how I got it to work since I kept getting errors.

Read everything before downloading/installing!

hmm..i cant seem to get it to work. I downloaded duality and I dragged the "brushed.dtla" file into the duality window, and a bunch of themes show up. but then when i try and set one of those themes it tells me OSX was unable to copy a necessary file.

Duality diesnt seem to want to work with any of the other themes either

Maybe i should start a new thread for this...

Safari has a finished user interface, which Chimera still lacks. This makes it my default browser now.

Safari _is_ a beta, so Flash (and maybe other stuff) might not work that well yet.

Also, expect Safari to expand in features over time. Tabbed windows? I've already written to Apple requesting it, have you?

Speed: It's faster than Chimera most of the time. Sadly, it's still an early beta and needs some improvement. But Apple can and will do that. You know that Chimera's 'father' is working at Safari's core, right? So have some faith in the speed of Safari to come.

It rocks. And it will rock.

Originally posted by dixonbm
Also Safari seems to be lacking when it comes to foreign language. My wife is Thai and that was one of the first things I checked. On the Thai websites the words from different sections of a table run together instead of wrapping around as they should.

Any thoughts on this?

I can't comment on Thai, but Safari handles Greek better than Chimera does.

Back