safari navigation & newest version?

processor93

Registered
one of my big reasons for sticking with IE on my G4 laptop (running 10.3.7) is that i like to open up multiple browser windows and jump between them with a keystroke, which in IE is CMD-`.

for some reason this doesn't work on my laptop AT ALL, i just get an error noise. it works on safari at my job (on a G5).

i've looked over safari's preferences and the help menu and i can't find any reference to this shortcut or turning it on and off.

i thought perhaps i didn't have the latest version. i have 1.2.4, which is the same one i found on the apple site. i thought i read somewhere online there was a safari 1.3 and elsewhere someone referred to a 2.0.

IE is starting to have issues, quitting with no warning, giving plugin errors viewing certain pages. i want to just ditch it at move to safari but i need to be above to navigate just as easily.

IE is the slowest, clunkiest, most outdated and least user-friendly available. There's a handful (Safari, FireFox, OmniWeb, Camino and even Netscape Navigator) that kick IE's butt. It's no wonder M$ has said it won't update that piece of garbage anymore.

And on a PC, I still can't fathom why people don't use FF.

If you have Panther, Safari 1.3 is the latest. On Tiger, it's Safari 2.0.

Opening multiple windows is so slow and cumbersome compared with tabbed browsing. Give it a shot, you'll never want to go back.

IE is the slowest, clunkiest, most outdated and least user-friendly >available. There's a handful (Safari, FireFox, OmniWeb, Camino and even Netscape Navigator) that kick IE's butt.
If you have Panther, Safari 1.3 is the latest. On Tiger, it's Safari 2.0.
Opening multiple windows is so slow and cumbersome compared with tabbed browsing. Give it a shot, you'll never want to go back.

i like the way IE keeps one history, and i like their download manager. netscape lost me when they went to 7.0. i also tried netscape's tabbed browsing but i didn't really like it. still you should be able to jump from tab to tab with a key command.

i have panther but it's 1.2.4 and that's also what the DL on apple's website says. where do i get 1.3?

but anyway, 1.2.4 is the same version at work, at yet it does all the things mine won't: jumps between windows with CMD-`, assumes ".com" after a word typed into the browser. it just seems like i'm somehow missing a set of preferences or the ability to affect these things.

Back