safari not so Hot(mail)

super_pup

scared.weird.little.guy
hotmail not working in safari? has this been a prob for others, or just me?
curious...

off the topic, installed Jag and like it a lot, good good. me and my bro can now share a printer which is good!

This subject, and the subject of tabs are the biggest complaints about Safari.

THIS subject, however, is easily solved. Under the "Safari" menu, choose "Preferences." Click "Security," and make sure you accept cookies "Always", not just from Sites you navigate to. Problem solved. :D

That didn't solve it for me, first it said No java Enabled (which it was) But then I changed the Cookies Acceptance to Always, after restarting Safari and went to Hotmail it kept saying 'retype password.'

On a related note, I can't even access my firewall settings anymore using Safari and that is just a plain HTML page with one input field and a submit button. Pretty weak if you ask me.

G

Hotmail is for people who make SPAM. Are you a Spammer? I don't read ANYTHING from Hotmail.com.

Ok, strange thing: If I click on the MSN Mail icon it opens Safari (thank you Apple!) and shows my inbox properly. then again if I type in www.hotmail.com and give my password it will say: java needed...

Originally posted by adambyte
THIS subject, however, is easily solved. Under the "Safari" menu, choose "Preferences." Click "Security," and make sure you accept cookies "Always", not just from Sites you navigate to. Problem solved. :D

Not at home. Haven't installed MRJ plugin though.

Have you succeeded in accessing Hotmail this way or did you just think activating cookies was a solution ? My girlfriend needs Hotmail desperately :).

I've tried that solution but nothing happens, then I've installed MRJ and sometimes I get a message about Java not anabled go to re-login and I'm there to read all the "spamming" :rolleyes: and other things like mail-chains from my friends, things that I dont want in mail.app. ;)

Clicking Mail button in MSN looks like the only option to access to Hotmail.

I'm sure Steve made it a personal point that Safari can't acces MSN Hotmail ! :eek:

*shrugs* I have no idea, guys. I heard that tip in some other thread..... and I tried it. And Hotmail works for me... guess I'm just lucky.

all of you who use hotmail are fools... im sorry to be so blunt, but really, its crap, total spaming crap. why would you want to use a msn service instead of .mac? or any other of the free services with more inbox space?

If people are happy to use Microsoft.. let 'em. A big advantage is that the e-mailaddresses are easy to remind: they all end with @hotmail.com.

Freedom of Software!

Don't worry, I don't normally use hotmail. I just got one just for the heck of it. Who doesn't enjoy using up MS resources for no particular reason? ;)

Back