safari or camino ??

yokim

Registered
I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this... but
I am wondering how you guys think about Safari vs. Camimo...

I always have been having problems with Safari for some secure sites as well as non-english sites. I tried omni web and even Explorer.. same problems... (Of course, windows version of explorer doesn't have any problems...) Netscape and Camimo handles these "troubled" websites very well. And it seemed to me that Camimo is much faster..

I am wondering whether I should ditch Safari for Camimo... Any thoughts?

IMHO Safari is a wee bit faster than Camino. I have never had any unsurmountable problems with secure sites (banking no line etc.).

However, many secure sites that require a login, work with pop-ups. Are you sure you had pop-up blocking off?

In Safari it is quite easy to turn blocking on and off (directly in the menu), while in Camino you need to go to the Preferences.

Of course if Camino works better for you, use that. I'm using them both actually. :)
Since they are both still beta's, I'm waiting to see how the final products turn out.

Greetings All,

In my view, Safari has one major problem. When used with a bookmark tool like version tracker, you must create a new tab manually before going to a new site via your bookmark tool.

On the other hand, Camino does this for you automagically. And that makes Camino the winner for me (for the time being, they are both betas <g>)

Albert

Sorry for the mis-key, I meant to say that URL Manager Pro was my bookmark tool. A great ad-on from Alco Blom, BTW.

Albert

Flip a coin. They're both fine browsers and are worthy of our support.

some days I feel like Safari, some days Camino. Safari has the edge right now, but that can change.

Back