Safari problem

erubes1

Registered
Over a year ago, I installed SAF for safari. I hear there was some bug and it caused Safari to crash. Since then, I haven't been able to open safari. I have gone and deleted Safari and all it's preferences, re-installed from the OS X disk and still didn't work. All traces of SAFT appear to be off my computer, but Safari still won't open. When I double-click it, it just bounces in the dock for 10 seconds then closes and says it quit unexpectedly. Any help would be great, thanks!

Well, reinstalling the operating system would have done away with any problems as you would basically have wiped out the hard drive...that is, if you did a clean install with a formatted drive. If you reinstalled OS X on top of the already installed system, the problem would still crop up.

Depending on the version of OS X you're using (since you failed to mention that little detail ;)), you might have to conduct a search using the Find command or using Spotlight. Do a search for anything having to do with the SAF(T) application you speak of, and then delete those files. It's possible that there might still be a file pertaining to that application in /Library/Preferences and <your-home-folder>/Library/Preferences.

Back