safari sloooooooowwwww!

dwasserboehr

Registered
I have an G5 imac (Tiger 10.4.2) running trying to run Safari (2.01). It takes forever to load pages ( was ok a couple of days ago). I thought I could get around it and use Firefox instead. Firefox is even slower! ditto IE. The crazy thing is that the Imac is part of a network of 3 other computers. None of these have the slows so the problem rests alone with the Imac. I did reload Safari because I thought it might be corrupted. Nope..still the slows. I tried switching of cables with one of the networked computers that worked fine. Imac was still as slow as ever.
I'm beginning to think ( that's dangerous!) that the problem might be a Tiger issue. Does anyone have a possible fix? Thanks!

Are you using any 3rd party Safari app's ex: Safari Enhancer 2.6.4, Safari Menu 2.2.4 also in the Safari Pref's turn off in AutoFill Other Form's, Empty Cache under the Safari logo, also if you have any download accelarator's iGetter X 2.4, Speed download what I would do is use the finder or my choice is the EasyFind download via www.versiontracker.com and type in iGetter, Speed Download and see if any pops up as I had a older version of iGetter thought I had deleted it and there was a file in Home>Library>Application Support files like this and 3rd parties will slow Safari down as the other Mac's may not have the same files as the one that is giving trouble hope this helps, macman60

Back