safari sorrow

tkdragon

Registered
recently, Safari (v1.1.1 in 10.3.1) has been acting quite queerly. when i first start it up, it works fine. but then, either a certain amount of web pages or time later, it stops working, as if i were disconnected from the internet. however, this is not the case (i'm still talking on iChat w/people while this happens). Then, to get it working, i have to quit safari and then open it again, only for this to happen all over again. what is going on? :confused:

Did you send a bug report? Bug Report should be in the Safari menu.

It happens to me version1.0.1 in 10.2 occasionally.

I had this happen too, and I feel your pain. It's damn frustrating. But, the good news is that I figured out why it was doing it (mine at least). I used Disk Utility to verify file permissions and repair them and WAMO! - Safari was good as new. It's worth a try.

well....software issues aside, it could be a DNS problem, as that wouldn't affect your chatting whatsoever since you are already connected with the server and it doesn't need to resolve any domain names. Try a different browser and see if you still have the same problem. Something like Camino or Mozilla Firebird

Total Konfuzion said:
well....software issues aside, it could be a DNS problem, as that wouldn't affect your chatting whatsoever since you are already connected with the server and it doesn't need to resolve any domain names. Try a different browser and see if you still have the same problem. Something like Camino or Mozilla Firebird

Yeah, I've been having to use Camino, Mozilla, Opera (where did that come from? it just showed up one day in my apps folder) and others while Safari has been in the shop. Those browsers never fail on me, but they're just not Safari, y'know? ;) I'll give the disk permissions a try and see how it goes. Maybe i'll delete the prefs too. i hope it works! :D

i tried repairing the permissions. that didn't work. i tried deleting the prefs. that didn't work.
any other ideas?

Check your preferences - uncheck tabs. See if that corrects things. Go to advanced and uncheck style sheets. See if that corrects things.

Back