Safari Tiger Services CONTEXTUAL GONE

MLJ_osxcom

Registered
I use DEVONthink often to store tidbits items from web pages via a SERVICES Contextual menu popup choice in Safari. This worked fine with previous OSX versions 10.3.4 etc.

Under Tiger & Safari 2.0 the Services menu choice is missing from Contextual popup on all Safari pages.

This feature may have been originally enabled by use of ICeCoffEE which runs under ApeManager in System Preferences.

I made certain ICeCoffEE was installed in the new Tiger but no contextual menu items show up in settings list for ICeCoffEE in Ape Manager under Tiger.

It was a VERY convenient way to save items to DEVONthink and I miss it already.

Service menu is still present under Safari menubar in Tiger and works to paste items in DEVONthink but is buried under hierarchal nested menu choices and is a long mouse trip from the web page. The CONTEXTUAL menu choice was much more attractive.

Anyone know any way to get the SERVICES menu to reappear under contextual menus in TIGER?

Problem solved! Developer NIcholas Riley just released IceCoFFee 1.42 with now adds the SERVICES menu as a contextual popup in Safari 2.0 under Tiger. Notes say it needs 10.3.9 or higher.

Many thanks to Nicholas Riley's efforts!

Back