Safari v1

Still has problems on CartoonOrbit with Flash, still hangs from time to time when clicking to view the newest reply on a forum, does not work with the newest reply feature on all forums, some pretty nasty caching issues. I think they kind of jumped the gun a little bit here calling this 1.0

I just found the check spelling too. I think I have died and gone to heaven. Safari is the greatest. It blows away anything I have used in the last 10 years. I can't believe what they did in six months.

Bravo Apple Bravo, Nicely Done!!!!

I had trouble with CartoonOrbit with Safari also. These cTones never worked right and my cZone would never let me work with them. Anyway, I wanted to ask a question.

I just downloaded v1. When I used it for the first time, I closed the browser and when I did a animated puff of smoke appeared on the close button on the browser. I thought it was awesome but it never does it now. Did I just seen something from the browser window behind it or does this neat little thing happen to any of you?

Ps. Hey drizzt, stop by my cZone sometime. ;)

Originally posted by doemel
It still feels like a beta version: Some pages still don't load as they should: Check out http://www.amazon.de to see what I mean. This page renders properly in Mozilla, IE and Camino (to which I'll stick at least until the render problems are solved).

What's wrong with the amazon.de page? As far as I can tell, it renders EXACTLY the same in Safari 1.0 as in my stock Camino 0.7?

Rip

Safari appears to still have problems figuring out how to maximize (or "zoom", or magnify, or whatever it's called when I click the green plus button =). It still only wants to cover part of the screen width.

Is there no way to build a list of sites excluded from pop-up? Seems like that was supposed to have been added when beta 1 came out...

Rip

Ripcord. Maximize only maximizes to the width and height of the page. So if a page is 750 px wide safari will open to 750 px wide so you see all of it. It doesn't expand to the edged of your screen because there is no need to show you all that empty white space.

I like some stuff from Savari 1 (v85):
-When I have multiple tabs open and one of them cannot connect or something instead of getting a warning now I get a small yellow triangle on the offended tab...
-It doesn't crash so far!
-So far, I haven't notice redrawing problems...

But Camino is open at the same time as Safari because it is faster for some sites that I visit or when I want to browse to many sites at once :p

Boom! :D ;) :)

Originally posted by binaryDigit
Plus, anyone else beside me absolutely despises having the close widget on the tab itself. It seems to me that closing a tab is done infrequently enough that it's ok to have a single widget away from the tabs themselves (vs the danger of accidentally hitting the close).
On the contrary, I think it is absolutely perfect having them right where they were. Instead of having to navigate ton the end of the tab bar (like in Netscape) or to the menubar (like Camino) when I want to close a tab with the mouse I can do it as I'm selecting tabs and moving through the pages that I have open. I think this is the perfect Apple solution to the problem, as well as the best implementation of tabs in any browser.

I think Safari is a very nice browser but the one thing I don't like is you can't change the download location before downloading. I wish you could select the location for each download instead of one default location.

Originally posted by banditcosmo
I think Safari is a very nice browser but the one thing I don't like is you can't change the download location before downloading. I wish you could select the location for each download instead of one default location.

Last i knew they were working on that. It bugs me to. However Camino now does the same thing :(

Back