Safari v80

StarBuck

Registered
It's been leaked again, what a shame if you want a copy.... (edited)

tsk tsk tsk, no leading anyone to it, sorry - Jason

Enjoy

STAY AWAY FROM THAT .80 ... it is most certainly fake. Once installed you, and it doesn't work... you will have to jump through loops to get any older versions to run again.

Well.. it is nice to have V80... but i def not see the need for people to run looking for it.. pretty much useless ...everyone that reported a HUGE speed improvement.. well... they re fooling you.. there is a speed improvement.. but not that big.. as said before .. nice to have it... not to die for.

I've installed it and it's working pretty well. Gotta love the new "open in tabs" function. There is a speed improvement, but Safari was already faster than any other browsers! Special characters (long dash for example) are working when you try them in input boxes, which is a relief for foreign users.

CCSv3 is not supported, which is the most tragic dark sides IMHO... ~_~

Originally posted by 9114619
Gotta love the new "open in tabs" function.

Special characters (long dash for example) are working when you try them in input boxes, which is a relief for foreign users.

CCSv3 is not supported, which is the most tragic dark sides IMHO... ~_~

Open in Tabs is in my v74.
Special chars is in my v74.
CSS Lvl 3 are still in development.

Hm... fake ?

Originally posted by toast

Hm... fake ?
Well I don't really care, I was a v73 users before this morning... So it's new to me! ^_^

Do the oriental (e.g. Japanese and Chinese) charachters work with v74, or later?

And remind me again why it is okay to talk about this but not give out locations?
Honestly, why bother with it though? I downloaded v64 way back when because I really really really wanted tabs. Now there are tabs in an official version, there are no major features I want. Why do something against the rules for such a small thing? :confused:

Originally posted by toast

Hm... fake ?
Actually there is a new auto-tab feature (a-la Camino's Tab Groups) now. I think that may be what he was referring to. You can also now sync your bookmarks using .Mac

Fake?... I think not. (Well, could be but I don't think it is).

Auto-tab folders show in the toolbar as a recessed square instead of a contextual menu arrow now. See attached:

[edit]: There's also an "Open In Tabs" item under the Bookmarks Menu and its sub-menus now too.

i've read that if you install this version, then go back to the public versions, it will not launch.

so, learn from other's mistakes. wait for a full version, because if you install it, you're stuck with it whether or not you like it.

I was indeed refering to the "open in tabs" option, which allows to load multiple bookmarks from a folder in multipe tabs... I should have read toast's message more carefully! >_<

And it's working PERFECTLY! I don't see reasons not to upgrade; we're talking about a Beta (Safari 1.0 Beta 2 - v73) versus a Gold Master (Safari 1.0 - v80), it has to be more stable!

Cybergoober, what font are you using in Safari to get those neat symbols (dingbat) in your bookmarks bar?

EDIT: YES! Outside links, when configured to appear in the same window, appear under a new tab! ^_^

Originally posted by dlloyd
And remind me again why it is okay to talk about this but not give out locations?

because its illegal for the most part to have or distribute unreleased software without their consent, and we dont want to get the forum in trouble for leaking builds...

talking about it is, in simple terms, discussing news and rumours, in this example, of a released build and upcoming features.

Geez, why are people so eager to download bootleg versions of stuff, whether it be software or music, before it's even complete? It won't work or sound anything like what it's supposed to, it may mess stuff up, and it takes too much time. There's just no point in not waiting for it.

Besides, WWDC is in less than 15 days, so Safari 1.0 will most definitely be out very soon. No need to look for unreleased beta updates that don't necessarily work.

Yeah, actually I think it was 2.2MB.

9114619- I honestly don't remember which font I used. If you go to the International System Preferences pane/ Input Menu tab and enable the Character Palette, it puts this thingy in your Menu Bar. From there you select Show Character Palette. It basically shows you all the special characters for a given font. When you select a symbol, an Insert button becomes active, allowing you to enter it into a text field. Just browse the Glyph Catalog tab.

well first...

let me answer to this...

Geez, why are people so eager to download bootleg versions of stuff, whether it be software or music, before it's even complete? It won't work or sound anything like what it's supposed to, it may mess stuff up, and it takes too much time. There's just no point in not waiting for it.

Well.. why are you using Safari beta 2...and i mean BETA 2 an unfinished versione of something that is nothing like the final product? it is called curiosity.. and beta for beta.. you might as well want the lastest one...simple as that .. don t blame someone for something you re doing too..

Plus i would like to point that V80 is NOT gold master.. some more build are on the way.

BTW-- Perhaps I'm wrong but NO version of Safari will be Gold Master. I mean, isn't Gold Master status applied to something that is going to be burned to a CD, i.e.- the master image? Or does Apple use this for any/all final builds of software? :confused:

Back