Safari vs Firefox

whitesaint

cocoa love
Hi guys.

This may be because I'm using a 1 Ghz G4 but I use to use Safari as my main browser but lately I have been using Firefox. I have noticed that Safari renders web 2.0 sites incredibly slow (youtube, digg, myspace), yet firefox loads them much much faster. Also the extensions and themes for firefox are quite nice. Safari has the native look and integration of Mac OS X, Firefox doesn't, yet for the most popular websites, firefox loads them much faster. Anybody else feel this way?

sometimes its like that for me, but I like to use Safari more because it opens up quick when I need it and I like the look better. But Firefox is better for a lot of things, hopefully apple will update safari in 10.5 .

camino is my broswer of choice, it's the mac version of firefox. built of coccoa

Wow I haven't used Camino in a while and thought it was kinda weird compared to FF and Safari. It's very very good and it's like having the best of both worlds, Cocoa + Firefox. Pages load super fast. The themes ain't bad either:

CaminIcon (theme changer for camino)

I'm going to use Camino at home. Thanks for the input guys.

Edit: I never realized they had a cocoa version of Firefox :)

Attachments

• camino.jpg
    camino.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 9
safari starts up faster, but gmail chat doesnt work on it for some reason...so i use firefox. i dont really ever chat though :D

Back