Safari Windows Location

JackCB

Registered
I'm running a 27" iMac that I recently upgraded the OS to Big Sur. Initially Safari wouldn't run (was on, but no windows would open), but when I ran a Safari upgrade to 16.3 it did come up with all of the "history" and my bookmarks, but none of the windows (roughly 15-20 with multiple tabs). Obviously the bookmarks were stored somewhere (a folder?), so I suspect the windows/tabs are also. As I'm also running a "Time Machine" external HD, that stored info would be there from before I did the OS upgrade. Where is that data located, and how do I force Safari to again display it?

I'm running a 27" iMac that I recently upgraded the OS to Big Sur. Initially Safari wouldn't run (was on, but no windows would open), but when I ran a Safari upgrade to 16.3 it did come up with all of the "history" and my bookmarks, but none of the windows (roughly 15-20 with multiple tabs). Obviously the bookmarks were stored somewhere (a folder?), so I suspect the windows/tabs are also. As I'm also running a "Time Machine" external HD, that stored info would be there from before I did the OS upgrade. Where is that data located, and how do I force Safari to again display it?
Is anyone out there? Or does no one know an answer to this?

Check if you have signed out of Safari. If you are signed out then you should try sign-in.
As far as I know, there is no sign in or sign out in Safari. You may be confusing it with Chrome that keeps on asking you to sign in via Google or the various web site that ask for a google sign in.

Back