Safari Wishlist

btoth said:
I'd like it that when you load a page or open a new window that the address bar was highlighted by default or could be easily highlighted by hitting Tab or such. If there's already a key shortcut for this, please tell me.

It is?? apple-t for new tab always selects the address bar so you can type an address straight in. Failing that apple-L selects the address bar its under File>Open Location

profx said:
It is?? apple-t for new tab always selects the address bar so you can type an address straight in. Failing that apple-L selects the address bar its under File>Open Location

Cool, guess I never tried Apple+L, thanks.

a couple of these have been mentioned already, but anyway - here's some I'd like:

- download window closing on completion
- download window coming to the front when a new download starts
- setting so you can choose to have links to new windows open in new tabs instead (a single window mode)
- allow re-ordering of tabs
- cache options (including an exclude - do not chache - list)
- exclude list for pop-up blocking
- option to define multiple tabs to open on start-up
- have the 'open in tabs' option open the pages in new tabs
- enable the ctrl-click options for links that are in folders on the bookmark bar

Inoelstorr said: "have the 'open in tabs' option open the pages in new tabs"

... and I go: "Eeeek!!!" No, no, no! I need them to replace all the tabs that have previously been open. If you want them on their own, take a new window, please. :)

fryke said:
Inoelstorr said: "have the 'open in tabs' option open the pages in new tabs"

... and I go: "Eeeek!!!" No, no, no! I need them to replace all the tabs that have previously been open. If you want them on their own, take a new window, please. :)

but I don't want a new window! I want single window browsing!

maybe if they had an 'open in tabs' and an 'open in new tabs' option.

(oh - and its Lnoelstorr)

Back