Safari won't open new pages

jrbehm

Registered
Like anyone, often when looking through different websites I click on URLs that open new pages with the URL in the address box. It used to be whenever I did this, the new page would immediately (or nearly so) begin to open. Since upgrading to Safari v. 2.04 this is almost like a stall unless I click or double click in the address box at the top of the page, after which it does go to the address pretty quickly.

I've experimented with waiting shorter and longer periods before clicking in the address box, but it nearly always stalls out until I click in the URL box.

Is there a reason for this which is under my control? I'm savvy at the stuff I know, but this is not one of those areas.

Thanks, looking forward to input from others.

Jeff

Have you enabled tab browsing? I find it very useful and if you hit a link on a page holding the apple key down it will open the link to a new page/tab.

You could also try deleting the Safari preferences (users/*name*/library/safari) when the app is closed. Make sure you back up Bookmarks.plist first so you can replace it when new preferences are created.

Back