Safari

rs08030102

Registered
I tried to load down a different Browser(FIREFOX), but decided I did not want to use it. Since Then Occassionally When I click on the SAFARI ICON in the DOC, it dosent start up but brings up the Applications Menu where SAFARI exists. I double Click that and SAFARI starts. In the Preferences for SAFARI SAFARI is the Default Browser Start up. Any help would be greately Appreciated

Thanks

When you click on the Safari icon in your Dock and hold it momentarily you'll see a pop-up menu where you can select "Show In Finder". You may be accidentally clicking this menu option without realising it and in doing so, a Finder window displaying your Apps with Safari highlighted is exactly what you can expect to see.

I've actually done this myself when I was in too much of a hurry.

Try removing the icon from the Dock and relaunching Safari; then click on the Dock icon and select Keep in Dock from the pop-up menu.

I tried to load down a different Browser(FIREFOX), but decided I did not want to use it. Since Then Occassionally When I click on the SAFARI ICON in the DOC, it dosent start up but brings up the Applications Menu where SAFARI exists. I double Click that and SAFARI starts. In the Preferences for SAFARI SAFARI is the Default Browser Start up. Any help would be greately Appreciated

Thanks

The same thing happened to me. What you put on your Dock (probably) was the install program of Firefox. When you install Firefox, you have to "drag" the Firefox picture that pops up (appears) to your applications folder. Then you can drag the icon from the applications folder to the Dock.
That's how it worked for me in any case but I'm a Mac newbie!

If you're strictly taliking about your Safari image on the dock, then remove it from the Dock and drag another from the applications folder.

Back