Safe to delete iWork apps and few other?

DarkSorrow

Registered
Hey guys, im kind of guys that like to have a lots of free space. if i never use the program for a while i just delete it. So there is a few apps that is very took a chuck out of my HDD.

I use Disk Inventory X to check the space that apps use. i noticed many App Support folder show a lot of file that took a lot of space.

GarageBand
iDVD
Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple (GarageBand and iLife audio files in there)
Printers (depends which model line)

That all i want to delete those file. but i wonder if i delete those apps and file, will it make a impact on the way OSX work? because i know the startup chime use one of the file in there. and deleting it will not make the OSX boot up. (i got a HUGE bad experience with modify the image in startup screen in window and it wont boot at all) I want to delete the file that is safe and which OSX is not dependent on. I still have Tiger CD.

and after deleteing those file, can i get those app back by using Tiger CD? because that where i got the app from.

And about the Printers folder, im not deleting entirely of it, just the model like Epson, Brothers, Canon. i want to delete everything but keep HP file (it the only few printers that is HP in this household)

GarageBand
Safe to delete if you don't want to ever use it. Might want to verify you have an install disk. Useful for recordings.

iDVD
As above. Used for burning DVD projects (photos, video, files).

Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple (GarageBand and iLife audio files in there)
Part of Garageband/iLife SFX. If you have the install disk, you can always reinstall these. System sounds not here.

Printers (depends which model line)
You don't need any printer drivers installed except for the one you use.

nice to see around 20GB space back. i delete iMovie. i hate the new iMovieHD, Apple removed some important feature in iMovie (timeline and few others)

And i noticed my Spotlight is more speedy now, heck faster than Google Desktop (i never use it on OSX but did use it on XP). im not sure if this because i delete over 5,000 files (based on what Trash said)

Back