Saft vs AcidSearch

Scottfab

Helpless Mac Newbie
Both are plugins for Safari. Both provide "find as you type" searching and keyword shortcut searching. Both cause many problems with Safari. Which is less damaging?

I currently have both saft 7.7.2 and acid search installed running safari 1.3 on a power mac running OS 10.3.9 and life is sweet no problems. however if you experience problems please post as i'd like to know about em and i may actually be able to help you out. :cool:

I can't answer the original question, but have a related SAFT question. I recently installed the SAFT plug-in--am still using in demo mode. When I first installed, I tried the "search/find as you type" feature and thought it was quite cool.

Now it's not working--or else I've forgotten how to use it. I check the Prefs and the option is still checked. Am I doing something wrong or does it have a limited usage in demo mode?

teacher24_70 said:
I can't answer the original question, but have a related SAFT question. I recently installed the SAFT plug-in--am still using in demo mode. When I first installed, I tried the "search/find as you type" feature and thought it was quite cool.

Now it's not working--or else I've forgotten how to use it. I check the Prefs and the option is still checked. Am I doing something wrong or does it have a limited usage in demo mode?
wellllll i wish i had something good to tell you but.....
off the top of my head i would ask you if your using the most recent version of saft (7.7.2 (v218)) and i would ask you if you had installed the most recent apple updates like Security Update 2005-004 or the Java Update for Mac OS X v10.3.9 I don't know if this is in any way has anything to do with your problem but as i mentioned before i am currently running saft and i am not experiencing any problems i would run the apple software update program from the control panel to make sure your system is up to date than download the most recent version of saft and see if that doesn't solve your problems and report back...... lol

lol, now I know what it feels like to have my thread hijacked. sorry everyone I've hijacked in the past. :p

Back