Samba Connect Problem In Tiger

bgraf

Registered
Hi,

I have the problem that I can connect to my Samba 3.0 Linux server without a hitch using Apple-K and entering the Server Address and share like
smb://10.0.0.4/nfs
But if I use the Network Menu in the Finder and browse through the shown Workgroups to the server, when I click on it I only see the "spinning pizzawheel of death" until eternity and I have to restart the Finder.
What is that ? Has it to do with some wrong credentials in my keychain ? How could I clear them ? What else can I do to see what's going on ? If I do a "tail -f" to the asl.log I don't see anything unusual.

Greetings,
Bernhard

bgraf said:
Hi,

I have the problem that I can connect to my Samba 3.0 Linux server without a hitch using Apple-K and entering the Server Address and share like
smb://10.0.0.4/nfs
But if I use the Network Menu in the Finder and browse through the shown Workgroups to the server, when I click on it I only see the "spinning pizzawheel of death" until eternity and I have to restart the Finder.
What is that ? Has it to do with some wrong credentials in my keychain ? How could I clear them ? What else can I do to see what's going on ? If I do a "tail -f" to the asl.log I don't see anything unusual.

Greetings,
Bernhard

I'm having the same problem, but I was able to use it before I upgraded my linux server, I know that the samba itself is fine because I can mount it on my mac using Go -> Connect to Server... and I can browse and use the shares on my Win XP pc fine.

Note: Before I upgraded I was using samba 3.0 anyway so I'm not sure if its a samba 3.0 issue or a wierd Tiger issue or if there is some special configuration I should do with my smb.conf file.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Back