Samba multi share mount?

evildan

Super Moderator
I'm in an office environment where I have to connect to one machine (win2000 server) through samba. I need to be able to mount, or have access to about 6 of the shared drives on that machine... but currently, I have to re-authenticate every time because I am only allowed to use the pulldown menu to select shares.

Is there a way to mount all, or a select number of shares all at once?

Perhaps some kind of script?

evildan said:
I'm in an office environment where I have to connect to one machine (win2000 server) through samba. I need to be able to mount, or have access to about 6 of the shared drives on that machine... but currently, I have to re-authenticate every time because I am only allowed to use the pulldown menu to select shares.

Is there a way to mount all, or a select number of shares all at once?

Perhaps some kind of script?

I'm not sure if this still works, but what I used to do was mount all of the disks separately (in your case mount all 6) then make aliases for all 6 of them somewhere. Next time you need to mount them all, choose Select All and open all of the aliases at once. You will get a spinning beachball for a little while, then all of the drives will mount.

Note: Make sure your server is connected. If it's not the Finder will have a spinning beachball forever and you'll have to relaunch the Finder.

I'm not sure if this will work or not, I used to do it and it worked, so give it a try. If you want them to mount when you log in, maybe you could put them into the Login Items preferences (I have never used this system preference so I don't know if that's even possible).

Back