Samsung Laser printer help

avg joe

Registered
I purchased a Samsung ML-1210 laser printer to use at home, partially because of the price- and also because CompUSA said it would work under OSX. I downloaded the driver from the Samsung site, but found after I installed it that it works with 10.0, but not with 10.1. Samsung tech support said they plan on getting a driver to work with OSX, but don't know when that might be. Does anyone know why a printer that would work under 10.0 wont work under 10.1 , and is there a way to possibly get this to work without waiting for them? Thanks for any insight you could give me

Hi!

I did the same thing. It's a great printer but Samsung seems useless in terms of getting those drivers ready. I talked to them 6 weeks ago and they said the driver was being prepared and would be released soon. Nothing yet. Worse still, they keep on cheating people by putting the driver on the front page of their website, even though it doesn't work with the 10.1.

I think they'll eventually do it, but who knows when.

Write them an email and let them know.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if there's a driver out yet for this one? (Mac OS X 10.2.3) Cannot find it on the website of Samsung, but the printer is really cheap now!

Thanks!

Ive got a samsung 1210 thats currently working perfectly through a bog standard print server. All i did was install the samsung-gdi package thats floating around somewhere, worked first time on my ibook.

You're right jeb1138, I don't know why Samsung did not update their website. Now let's hope it will work with 10.3.

Back