SanDisk Cruzer 256 doesn't show on desktop post...

Leigh54

Registered
Appreciate any feedback on this:

I've been using a SanDisk Cruzer 256 for sometime between my G3 Blue & White tower, ibook G4 and client PCs with no problem.

The G3 was running OS 8.6 (though the Sandisk says min. syst. requirement is 9.1, it worked on the 8.6) until yesterday when I upgraded to 9.1 on there:

now the SanDisk lights up when I put it in the USB hub and acts like it's loading but nothing shows up on the G3 desktop.

So, I'm assuming something's gone awry as a result of my upgrading but I've poked around and can't figure out what.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much!

well i use that exact same Cruzer on win XP and OS X.4 and OS 9.2.2 and it works fine. Never had any troubles with it. Do you have any other USB devices that work on the new install of 9.1?

Yes, everything else that was hooked in throught hub before the upgrade- printer, camera, even the old zip drive- are working as before. Just the Cruzer not showing up. When I plug it in, I get the flashing green and then steady LED as before, but the image isn't coming up on my desktop.

I know they can work just fine because it was working on all the machines I access (Macs & PCs). It just isn't working on the G3 since I upgraded the OS to 9.1 yesterday.

I tested 2 other Cruzers on the G3 today... nothing. They all act like they're being read (that is the green LED flashes, then glows steady) but absolutely nothing shows up on the desktop.

My 'troubleshooting' skills w/extensions, etc. are just 'eh'. Is there a chance it could be a conflict of some sort?

By the way, I'm new to this site as of yesterday. What do those little triangles that read 'report bad post' when I pass my cursor over them mean? I can't find a key for this symbol anywhere.

Thanks.

You should upgrade your B&W to 9.2.2. It'll be in 2 steps - from 9.1 to 9.2 and then to 9.2.2 (free on support.apple.com).

But it sounds like perhaps a USB driver got messed up somehow - do you have anything else USB (other than the other Cruzers) you can test on the ports?

OK! Cruzer is working again. thanks folks. Now I have a different problem w/open transport that I've posted separately. Hope I'm as lucky with answers to that.

Back