Santa Clara Apple store just got their G5's!

pwharff

Registered
I just called the Santa Clara Apple Store (408-551-2150) and they just recieved a shipment of low end G5's. Whoopey! I'm going tonight!!! I'll take my camera, any requests for shots?

Internals would be interesting, haven't seen real shots of the components. Also, the back would be an interesting picture...

Yay for you! Do you have the beans to buy one?

I wonder if my local Apple retailers have the G5's yet. We have 2 stores that cater to Mac users: Mac Daddy, all Macintosh, and CompUSA, which is like any other CompUSA. I've been desiring to go check them out, but I didn't want to go down there and have them say, "Sorry, they haven't arrived yet." I think I'll go down tomorrow, when I look for college books and desk chairs.

I was at a CompUSA the other day and they didn't have any G5's... But I got a nice glossy G5 brochure (actually about 10 various apple brochures...)
But next time I go to the mall I'll have to stop by one of the apple stores and check them out.

I wish we had an Apple Store close to Modesto. I'd love to visit one.

My dad went to CompUSA today, and he also said there were no G5's yet. :(

If my B&W G3 has lasted me this long, there's no way on earth that I'd need any more than the low end would offer at this time. Given the price differential, there's a seriously large slope to the cost/performance ratio that I'm not willing to pay for. I'm also sure that I would be getting rid of the computer before I would outgrow it.

If the computer fits, buy it. If any retail stores near me had one, I'd buy it in an instant.

They had an unfortunate accident involving a hot chick, her 300-pd. (136 kg ;)) gorilla boyfriend, a duck, and some cement, and are sadly deceased.

:D

Back