santa rosa macbook pro with flash

spitty27

Apple Avid
so ive been waiting years for this computer to come out, and finally the santa rosa mbp came out with pretty much all the specs ive been hoping for, except for the much-hyped flash booting. im about to begin my 2nd year at usc architecture school and i need to start bringing my computer in to studio. all first year i was stuck in my dorm with my imac but its time i got myself a laptop. since the new mbps just came out in the beginning of june, how long do you estimate the wait for the ones with flash technology? i figure it will be the only update, perhaps a slight speed increase or resolution upgrade and for it to be a silent update...ive seen silent updates within 3-4 months of the initial launch, but if im waiting that long and it doesnt come out, whats the harm in waiting for the 6 month overhaul...

i guess what im trying to ask here is do you think its worth it waiting for a flashbased mbp or should i just be happy with whats out now and go for it. i know the whole bit about getting a computer when you need it, especially since its just been updated, and if you keep waiting youll never get one, but is the flash worth the wait?

I wouldn't wait. You won't want the first one of such a new tech anyway as it's bound to have tech problems, That means waiting for the first revision and so probably months after the launch, which you don't know when will be anyway.

Current machines are very nice, santa rosa plus the new screens, i'd go for it myself.

As of right now flash based machines (production models) are nothing but a dream. There's no telling when they'll show up, but chances are good it won't be for quite a while. I'd go ahead and grab the current one. In a few years, if such a machine is introduced, then you can always upgrade (sell old, buy new).

Back