Save to Disk??

Ostkuk

Registered
Hey guys, thanks for all your help..Great Site! ;)

My question is a basic one but tedious to to explain ( it's 1:30 am).

On my old Clambook (9.2.), If I wanted to save a Quicktime or WMV. file to my desktop all I would have to do was hold the mouse down and it it would ask me " Download Link to Disk" or " Download Image to Disk" for Jpegs.
On my new PowerBook ( 10.2.8) you can't do this. I hold the mouse down on the image or the Mpeg file and nothing. I can drag the Jpeg to the desktop, no problem with that but when it comes to saving a Mpeg I can't be able to do so.
I'll downlaod a 1mb file to watch a video clip, it will open in a seperate window and play find. I would go to the File/ Save and it will ask me to save it as a Quicktime Movie. As I do so, I get the icon on my destop but when I actualy try to play the Mpeg file ( I do have QT6 Pro) I get an Error message saying that " Temp file/folder needs to exist".
Ok, now how can I actually download a vidoe file to my desktop and save it? Also, when it comes to WMV., it opens only the scipt in a seperate window. I would have to save any WMV. file on my desktop before and open WMV. with the actual program. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :eek:

Saving Quicktime Movies: click on the link so a new windows opens with a quicktime frame. Wait till the movie is loaded and simply option+click the movie field and either save as source or quicktime movie. I didn't really get if you tried it this way. If you did, and it's still not working, I would suggest you to try other browsers to see if it works or not. For instance internetexplorer..
Now that you actually have the movie on your desktop, you actually have it saved. If you want to convert the format, quicktime pro should do it fine. Use export for this.
Good luck!

Back