Saving favicons in Safari?

freaky

OSXer
On all of my previous computers Safari would always save the favicon. Now on my Mac Pro it deletes them everytime I clear my cache. Does anyone have any idea how to prevent this?

I need to clear the cache when doing web development work as sometimes the code doesn't refresh. I used to do this in the past and the icons never got deleted. It's strange that it started happening now.

'faviocns' are stored in ones' '~/Library/Safari/Icons/' folder and in RAM; not in any cache files.

However, I do not have a 'Mac Pro' available, and thus cannot attempt a similar scenario as freaky.

---

With 'Safari' quitted, lock the 'Icons' folder (and optionally, lock - the 'Caches' 'Safari' folder), and then re-launched (open, run) - favicons will be displayed when dragged to any 'Bookmarks Bar' folders or added to the 'Bookmarks Menu'. Clearing the 'Cache' will not affect the related favicons.
Quitting and then re-launching 'Safari' will result in generic favicons displayed for the above mentioned added 'Bookmarks Bar' and 'Bookmarks Menu' related links.

Back