Scanner and CD burner help

annfi

Registered
I have a new IMAC G3 with OS X and have to buy all new peripherals.
I already have the Epson C82 printer and now need a scanner and CD burner. I am not a very sophisticated computer user and my husband has given up on helping me. I need the scanner for basic scanning of photos for Photoshop projects. I would prefer to spend no more than $150.00 for the scanner. Is it possible to get Photoshop Elements on any of the scanners?
Any advice would be very much appreciated. Are there good websites for reading reviews and checking best prices online?
Thanks.

For reviews a good place to start with would be CNet's review section. If you're going to purchase an external CD burner, be careful and make sure it's fully compatible with OS X. For this, check user reviews and comments for various Firewire burners at www.xlr8yourmac.com. As for prices it would depend on what country you live in.

I just purchased a Canon LiDE 30 scanner for about $99 from Best Buy. It's a great scanner, very small and has only one cord. It seems to scan pretty good as well, although I haven't done any photos at a high resolution yet.

Unfortunately I don't think you're going to get Photoshop Elements bundled with any scanners, but I do have that app as well and highly recommend it.

I just came home with the CanoScan Lide 30. I love the look and the price of it but since I am VERY naive about all of this I am already stumped and I barely have it out of the box. I am operating on OS 10.1.3
I am worried about the driver situation. It says PhotoShop 7 (I don't have) is required but Macworld magazine said Photoshop Elements 2.0 (I do have) would work as well. I was just on the Canon website and it does not say Elements will work. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Back