scanner question

designer

Registered
Hi all,

I have a simple question to ask:)

Could anybody tell me which scanner is working under OSX?

Thanx in advance.

Go to www.hamrick.com and check out Vuescan. It supports many scanners under OS X, usb and scsi. And it's only $40. I'm using a Nikon Coolscan III and a Umax 600S on a scsi card. Works great.

Originally posted by edlake
Go to www.hamrick.com and check out Vuescan. It supports many scanners under OS X, usb and scsi. And it's only $40. I'm using a Nikon Coolscan III and a Umax 600S on a scsi card. Works great.
I second that! I'm using a UMAX 1200S with an Orange Micro SCSI/FireWire adapter, and it works like a charm. Not only that, but the tech support is terrific. Tell Ed Hamrick if you find a bug and he'll have an update with a fix for it almost as soon as you finish sending your message to him. (Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little--but not much!) ;)

I looked up to see the list of scanners supported (I have an HP 2200c), but it just says "Most Epson, Canon, and HP scanners". Heh I guess I can just e-mail the bloke, eh? :)

I'm using an Agfa SnapScan scanner I purchased in 98. Agfa just released it's scanner software for OSX, effectively extending the life of my scanner.Bravo Agfa.

There are bunch of scanners listed in the "Photo" section of the Apple Store:
  • Canon CanoScan N670U $99.00
  • Canon CanoScan N1240U $199.00
  • HP ScanJet 5300Cxi Scanner $149.00
  • HP ScanJet 4470C Scanner $199.00

Back