Scanner suitable for 10.4.1

Bristol

Registered
I am a convert from PC's. My old scanner is not Mac compatable except using Vue Scan. It will be nearly as cheap to buy a new scanner but which one.
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced scanner which will work seamlessly with an Imac OS X 10.4.1 would be most welcome

Bristol said:
I am a convert from PC's. My old scanner is not Mac compatable except using Vue Scan. It will be nearly as cheap to buy a new scanner but which one.
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced scanner which will work seamlessly with an Imac OS X 10.4.1 would be most welcome
Find a good scanner. Then make sure that its manufacturer supports MacOS X 10.4. A good place to start is the web page.

It really depends on the price range you are looking at. I have a cheap Canon 3200F which scans reasonably well and I paid less than $100 for it. It works great with OS X 10.4.1 and Panther as well. In addition to scanning prints it also has an attachment that allows you to scan slides (though the quality is far from amazing). If you just want something cheap that you are going to use once in a while and don't require a scanner capable of capturing a wide array of tones then I would definitely check it out.

Rich

Thanks for the replies gentlemen
In my limited experience things which say they work with a Mac do not always work very well. The suggestion re a Canon 3200f is most helpful as it is a proven solution. So far I have been unable to purchase one and I think they have been superseeded in the UK. If anybody else has first hand experience with a particular model of scanner I would be pleased to hear from them
Thanks again. Bristol

If anybody should still be following this, good news. I purchased a 3200f scanner from Canon via ebay at a knock down price. It connected and is running very well.
Thanks
Bristol

Back