Scanners Compatible With Mac OS X

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
For those of you who have scanners which work natively under Mac OS X (not in Classic environment!), can you please list which scanner you have, whether it is FireWire or USB, and whether you are using VueScan or some other piece of software.

For those of us thinking of trashing our existing non-OS X scanners (UMAX, you suck!), this information will be most helpful.

Thanks!

what, you don't believe umax when they say the driver's in the mail?:p

so far it works ok in classic so i'm not willing to spend the money on somethng that umax will probably fix the week after i do. this is one of those catch 22 situations it seems like. they have said they are going to get it together for a while, but no such luck. it pisses me off that vuescan can get scsi scanners to work in osx but not umax usb. i'm about ready to pull my scsi scanner back out and try the adapter one more time!! of course if i could manage to work around umax, everyone would be screwed because they would not be able to torment me by releasing a new driver:D

sorry for the interruption. please include the price of your scanner that works as well.

As far as I know, the only native drivers available are for the Agfa Snapscan and Duoscan scanners, and the HP AIO model.

If you are willing to spend $40, you can use Hamrick's VueScan, which supports many USB, Firewire scanners. It actually gets better scans than most people's bundled software.

My Epson scanner worked fine in Classic, but after reading review after review of people praising VueScan, I broke down and bought it. Glad I did. It's especially useful when doing batch scanning.

VueScan

Back