scanners in os x...

bolindilly

John Galt Member
i have a umax vistascan. they say on their site that they don't support os x. does anyone know of a workaround/scanners that <b>do</b> work in os x?
how long will i be without my vistascan in os x?

you might try vuescan . seems to help everyone but umax usb scanners. i saw someone with a vista giving it a good review.

Originally posted by bolindilly
vuescan works great! i have a firewire umax scanner. no problems, highly reccomended...

I tried vuescan (not the latest version) and does not work with my HP ScanJet 6300C though it is mentioned among those scanners it supports. Any tips??

I was pleasantly surprised with my Agfa scanner (touchscan in my case) after upgrading to OS X I found a completly OS X ready version of their software on the Agfa site. It works perfectly, and has all the features that were in the OS 9 version.

This was in strak contrast to my Canon digital camera, who say they will have a version of their software ready in Q3 2001...(yes, that's long passed).

Nick.

I recently purchased the shareware program VueScan since it supports my HP 5300Cxi. Works great, in fact, it works better than HP's software in Mac OS 9. Images are clearer, colors are more true-to-life. Look for a post in the Mac OS X Gerenal section of this forum for the title "VueScan, How sweet it is, how sweet it is". I asked about it and received some good advice. Just try to see if it supports your scanner, it may, it may not. Definitely worth the shareware fee if it works.

I'm glad you guys like this program. me, i'm stuck. seems like he is out to make it work with every scanner ever made except umax usb models. oh well, maybe by 7.1.99!!!

Back