Schiller's MWNY99 Freefall?

It was the debut of the Airport, and to demonstrate that 2 computers could communicate wirelessly, Shiller pulled out a laptop with some sort of 'accellerometer' attachment. Job's had a computer that read the output from the accellerometer on Shiller's laptop. They had Shiller shake the laptop around to show the live data being transferred. But then to 'really' convince the crowd, shiller went up on a platform (30 feet tall?) and jumped of into a big foam pad. You could see his accelleration on Job's computer.

Neat stuff. Though when they introduced it, I thought that 'Airport' referred to the fact that they woudl be installing this technology in Airports across the world.

E

wow, that sounds like the most useless-but-flashy demonstration ever. What does AirPort have to do with acceleration data? (i mean I know they wirelessly transmitted the data and all, but they could have just as easily shown Jobs surfing the net from a wire-free laptop or something.) It sounds to me like that was more of a scientific-type demonstration at a consumer-targeted keynote, but whatever! :)

My guess is that they wanted to show something that was really dynamic (they did show Jobs surfing the web by wireless laptop) that showed the speed of the transfer.

Anyhoo....

E

"...the infamous storming of Apple's booth by Joel Kocher's Power Computing mob in 1997..."

I just read this at MacObserver (I would give the exact link but I closed the window and am too lazy to go find it again). What what THIS one all about, then? Us Mac users are weird! :)

I don't know what it is, maybe it's his thick neck and goofy smile, but I always feel like Phil has a smaller than average brain, like he's reading off a cue card, like he is where he is because he's someone's son.

I just don't like the guy I guess.

Back