Screen dimming/buzzing help!

pawel

Registered
Hi,

I wonder if you guys can help me with a problem im having.

I don't want my screen to dim after a certain period of time if fact I would rather it never dim at all. I have been in the system>energy saving>options.automatically reduce brightness... and unchecked that but it still keeps doing it?? Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong here?

Also when the screen does dim I get a kind of buzzing type noise, but when i moving the mouse or click a key it stops?? Anyone en counted that problem or know what it might be?

Many thanks :)

What kind of Mac is this? And what type of monitor does it have (CRT/LCD)?

(If it's buzzing, I'm guessing it's CRT, but that does not necessarily mean that it is)

Sorry I should have included my details:

iMac 20" Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz
2GB Ram
Tiger 10.4.9

Cheers

Thanks I have done the various searches and I have also noticed that the problem occurs when I change the brightness setting. I am a little concerned as to what I should do? I have the 3 year warranty and the unit is about half a year old, I really can't be going without my mac for for weeks, should I call support? What will they do?

Many thanks

I think it would be unwise to permanently keep the display from sleeping, the backlight has a finite lifespan so you'd be wasting it's life when you're not at the machine for extended periods.

Back