Screen Effects - Where did "Aqua Icons" Go??

iBug

Registered
What happened to the best screensaver, "aqua icons". :(

The Aqua Icons module also made use of attractive fade-ins to display a sea of icons harvested from your own hard disk flying out from the murky depths of the screen.

My Favorite Quote ever Was:

"Exercise: compare the Aqua Icons screen saver to the traditional "flying Windows Logo" screensaver that Microsoft ships. That's the difference between Apple and Microsoft in a nutshell."

Where Did It Go??

:confused:

Well... I just finished extracting the aqua icons.saver from the X.1 install CD and tried to run it in Saver Lab. A util that will run screensavers in a window, for testing purposes. It didn't go to well. I"m sure that's probably why it wasn't included in x.2

I kept recieving MANY console errors such as these..

2002-09-23 14:42:14.375 SaverLab['805] *** -['NSImage _setNeedsToExpand:]: selector not recognized
2002-09-23 14:42:14.375 SaverLab['805] *** -['NSImage _setNeedsToExpand:]: selector not recognized

Apparently they must have changed the screen saver engine and this particular app wasn't compatable any more

that really stinks!

everyone that saw that just went nuts.

i read somewhere:
"run the windows icon screen saver and the apple aqua icons screensaver next to each other and you'll see the difference between mac & windows all the way through.

:(

Originally posted by iBug
Exercise: compare the Aqua Icons screen saver to the traditional "flying Windows Logo" screensaver that Microsoft ships. That's the difference between Apple and Microsoft in a nutshell.
run the windows icon screen saver and the apple aqua icons screensaver next to each other and you'll see the difference between mac & windows all the way through.
For those of us that are mentally deficient, would you care to spell out the "difference" between Apple and Microsoft (or Mac and Windows)?

Originally posted by Scottish

For those of us that are mentally deficient, would you care to spell out the "difference" between Apple and Microsoft (or Mac and Windows)?

oh, i would not presume...

it just seems to me, that the difference are really not so immense or numerous.
it's really sorta simple...
apple stuff is always just a little more polished (like an apple should be) and complete in it's design.

;)
imho

Back