screens, keyboards and mouse to use with mac mini

Timotheos

Registered
Hey there.

Im currently trying to talk my mum into getting a mac mini. her computer tech guy is talking her into getting a computer off him though. We currently have an old HP PC from about 2000. The screen is pretty crap (expecially after using cinema displays) but it does still work fine. I was wondering if you can use these older Periphrerals with mac minis? is their adaptors etc. that make them usable?

Price is a big factor and at the moment the mac mini is about $200 cheaper than the PC she is being offered and her excuse for not getting a mac is that they are 'too expencive.' grrr

thanks for any help

well, any monitor will connect to the mini. it has a dvi port, but comes with a dvi to vga adaptor. as for the keyboard and mouse, they have to be usb, or bluetooth if you get a bluetooth enabled mini. as for other devices, as long as they are usb, and you can get mac drivers from the websites of the makers, they should work. you could list the periphrerals here and we could tell you if they work too. as for the price problem, show her what the pc costs, and what the mini costs on paper, and her argument will vanish away, even more so when you show her what apps come free with a new mac (ilife), and the free apps that you can download and use (the gimp, neo office). plus remind her that macs don't get all the spyware and malware that pcs get from the internet.

Thanks for the help. I think we will she will need a new mouse and keyboard but Theres a special at a store for MYOB pay roll software (she had been looking for software) and it comes with a free wireless microsoft mouse and keyboard. Im not sure it the copy of MYOB the store has works for mac though. but if it does then its great

Back