Screensaver app: Weird behavior.

dalo

Registered
Hello folks. I have Mac OS X Tiger running on a PowerBook G4 17". The system works as espected by all means, exept for one thing. First off, I repair disk permissions on a weekly basis, and it rarely reports any problems.

Pay respect to the fact that I use the Swedish version of the operating system and that I don't always know the english name(s) for certain applications.

The problem:

When going to the Screensaver part of System Preferences, I have noticed something weird. Using the computer described above, one might add that this also occured on my other machine, Mac Mini --exactly the same.

Sometimes, selecting the screensaver 'Computer name' promts me to a "select folder" dialog box, suggesting, as far as I know, that I should select a folder for a slideshow of pictures. However, the REAL screensaver that should do this, the "Choose folder" one, (iconed indeed with a blue folder), is missing!

The very same time I'm writing this, things seem to be back to normal: the list of screensavers behaves like expected; but they always do after a reboot or two. No disk permission issues seem to be the case during the times where this problem occurs.

This must be a pretty well known bug. I've gotten it now on two totally different machines.

Back